Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Uganda
The 2 days chimpanzee tracking safari will take you to the primate capital of the world known as Kibale National Park.
It’s home to 1450 chimpanzees and other primates like Monkeys (black & white Columbus monkey, red-tailed monkey and l’hoest monkey), baboons and Mangabeys.
Chimpanzee tracking will offer you a chance to watch man’s closest relatives as they feed, play and bond with each other.
- Chimpanzee Trekking in Kibale Forest
- Bigodi Nature Walk near Kibale NP
- Bird Watching Experience
- Western Uganda Road Trip
Included in the price:
- Airport transfers
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on a double room sharing
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Permit for Chimpanzee tracking
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge accommodations
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Optional activities in Jinja
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
Day 1: Entebbe to Kibale Forest National Park (5-6 hrs)
After a relaxed breakfast, we will depart Entebbe and head west to Fort Portal, with lunch en route.
Fort Portal rests in the shadow of the fabled “Mountains of the Moon” and is famous for the many tea plantations. From this lovely town, we will continue to Kibale National Park.
After a hearty lunch, we transfer to the Bigodi Swamp for another, totally different nature walk. The Bigodi Swamp Walk is an initiative of the local community and is known for its rich diversity of birds and primates.
Dinner and overnight at the superior safari tents of Primate Lodge Kibale or / Rweetera safari Park (B-L-D)
DAY 2: Chimpanzee Trekking in Uganda’s Kibale Forest
Today the forest opens its doors for sensational chimp tracking. Kibale Forest is reputable for having the greatest variety and the highest concentration of primates in East Africa.
In time you will be transferred to Entebbe Airport for your international flight or back to your hotel. (B-L)
Terms and Conditions
* The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of Forever Africa Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Should any of the included accommodations not be available, Forever Africa Safari reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
* The estimated travelling hours are based on the actual hours of driving. Stops for lunch and photos are not included.
Recommended Wildlife & Gorilla Safaris
Top safari experiences including wildlife watching game drive in the African savanna, gorilla trekking adventures, boat safaris and family adventures.
Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest, African savanna wildlife game drive and boat safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park.