3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
The Africa Gorilla they call it but down here in East Africa we know it as the gentle giant, the mountain gorilla. The 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari takes you deep into the Eastern African mountain forest to meet the last of the endangered mountain gorillas. This experience is tough for the faint-hearted but the rewards are something you’ll talk about for the rest of your life.
You’ll be picked from a Entebbe Airport, 30 km from the capital of Uganda Kampala, then drive 8-9 hours or fly south west of the capital into the gorilla territory, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, where you’ll stay in a great jungle lodge setting. You’ll track the mountain gorillas the next day and also experience the African jungle scenes away from modern civilization. You will also meet the shortest people in the world with an authentic and unique culture that you will get to experience through folk songs, dances and food.
Highlights for the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Drive/Fly Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable NP
- Gorilla Trekking in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable NP
- Spend 2 nights in a gorilla safari camp outside the park
Included in the price:
- Airport transfers
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on a double room sharing
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Permit for gorilla tracking
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge accommodations
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Optional activities in Jinja
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
You’ll be picked from the airport in Entebbe and transferred to your safari camp in Volcanoes National Park by your private Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda guide.
DAY 1: Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest NP
After breakfast, depart for Bwindi Impenetrable NP and continue towards Rushaga, Bwindi National Park (+/- 8 hours driving).
Accommodation: Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge / Lake Mutanda
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking in Rushaga
You will love the tracking in the beautiful ecosystem of the park. Expect to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas. But it will definitely be worthwhile as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest. A unique and unforgettable experience!
Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda travelers that don’t prefer to participate in the gorilla tracking can explore the surroundings at own arrangement or join a nature/village walk 30 per person.
In the evening you will enjoy the music and dances by the Batwa people. Dinner and overnight at l Park (+/- 4 hours).
Accommodation: Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 3: Return to Entebbe
After breakfast you will set off for Kampala with stopover for lunch in either Mbarara or lyatonde. You will also stop at the equator line in Uganda and participate in the water experiment to confirm the latitude is at zero degrees.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
End of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
Terms and Conditions
* The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of Forever Africa Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Should any of the included accommodations not be available, Forever Africa Safari reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
* The estimated travelling hours are based on the actual hours of driving. Stops for lunch and photos are not included.
Recommended Wildlife & Gorilla Safaris
Top safari experiences including wildlife watching game drive in the African savanna, gorilla trekking adventures, boat safaris and family adventures.
Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest, African savanna wildlife game drive and boat safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park.