3 Days Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
Meet the magnificent mountain giants and spend some memorable time with them in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest on this 3 Days Gorilla Trekking in Uganda.
The trip starts and ends in Entebbe, your entry into the country, and you fly or drive (8-9 hours) to the gorilla sanctuary.
Bwindi is believed to be protecting over half of the last remaining 1000 mountain gorillas and seeing the mountain gorilla in this ancient African rainforest jungles is highly guaranteed.
After the gorilla encounter, you will later meet the shortest people in the world with an authentic and unique culture that you will get to experience through folk songs, dances and food.
- Scenic Drive/Flight from Entebbe to Kisoro
- Mountain gorilla tracking experience
- Batwa People cultural experience
- Stay in a premium forest lodge for a night.
Included in the price:
- Airport transfers
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on a double room sharing
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Gorilla permit per person
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge accommodations
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Optional activities in Jinja
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
Arrive at Entebbe International Airport and transferred to your hotel in Entebbe. Accommodation before the Gorilla Trekking in Uganda trip starts can be arranged at an extra cost.
DAY 1: Entebbe To Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After an early breakfast, you’ll gather yourselves and get ready for the long 8-9 hour drive or short flight to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You’ll stopover in Mbarara for Lunch if driving but a flight will get there within 1:30 hours
Overnight at Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge / Lake Mutanda (FB + non-premium brand drinks)
DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking.
You will love the tracking in the beautiful ecosystem of the park. Expect to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas.
But it will definitely be worthwhile as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest. A unique and unforgettable experience!
The Gorilla Trekking in Uganda travellers that prefer not to participate in the gorilla tracking can explore the surroundings at their own arrangement or join nature/village walk 30 per person.
In the evening you will enjoy the cultural music and dances by the forest native Batwa people.
Dinner and overnight at l Park (+/- 4 hours). Overnight at Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge (FB + non-premium brand drinks)
DAY 3: Return to Kampala
After breakfast, you will set off for Kampala with a stopover for lunch in either Mbarara or Lyatonde. You will also stop at the equator line in Uganda and participate in the water experiment to confirm the latitude is at zero degrees.
End of the 3 Days Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
Terms and Conditions
* The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of Forever Africa Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Should any of the included accommodations not be available, Forever Africa Safari reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
* The estimated travelling hours are based on the actual hours of driving. Stops for lunch and photos are not included.
Recommended Wildlife & Gorilla Safaris
Top safari experiences including wildlife watching game drive in the African savanna, gorilla trekking adventures, boat safaris and family adventures.
Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest, African savanna wildlife game drive and boat safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park.