Rwanda Gorillas & Akagera Wildlife Safari
During the 3 days Rwanda gorillas & Akagera Safari, you’ll see and spend a moment with the mountain gorilla silverback and his family.
We shall also take an African savanna safari game drive in Rwanda’s only savanna park, Akagera National park on this budget 3 Day Rwanda Gorillas & Akagera Wildlife Safari.
On your 3 days Rwanda gorillas & Akagera Safari you’ll land at Kigali, Rwanda’s capital and transfer to Volcanoes National Park where you’ll stay for a night in a glorious forest lodge and track the mountain gorillas the next day.
Then transfer to Akagera National Park, east of Volcanoes NP and take a game drive in the savanna plains, meet the BIG Five and end your safari back in Kigali.
- Transfers Kigali to Volcanoes NP to Akagera NP
- Gorilla Tracking in the misty Volcanoes NP
- Spend an hour in the presence of mountain gorillas
- African Savanna game drive in Akagera, see the big five game.
Included in the price:
- Airport transfers
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on a double room sharing
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Gorilla tracking permit per person
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge accommodations
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Optional activities in Jinja
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
You’ll be picked from the airport in Kigali and transferred to your safari camp in Volcanoes National Park by your private Rwanda Gorillas & Akagera Wildlife Safari.
DAY 1: Kigali to Volcanoes National Park
Meet and greet by Forever Africa Safari Driver/Guide and take part in the Kigali city tour then transfer to Volcanoes National Park for your overnight at Five Volcanoes hotel.
Accommodation: Five Volcanoes hotel
DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
Have an early morning breakfast then you will be transferred to the park headquarters for briefing by 8 am.
You will be given a group to track and a ranger to guide you through the walk which will take you between 1-6 hours to trek.
Once you meet the gorillas, you will be allowed to spend only 1 hour with them as you observe their behaviours; how they feed, play and interact with one another.
In the forest, you will be able to sight some animals like the golden monkey, elephants and buffaloes as well as bird species.
Then transfer to Akagera National Park for overnight
DAY 3: African Savanna Game Drive in Akagera
We arise early and leave right after breakfast for a game drive in Akagera national park. We will be searching for big mammals like Elephants, Giraffes, Buffaloes, several Antelope species, and recently the re-introduced Lions and Rhinos.
The park is a varied habitat for wildlife and a birders haven with over 500 bird species in the park.
You will take a boat trip on Lake Ihema to watch Hippos and crocodiles in the water or by the shores.
After you will be transferred back to Kigali at your Hotel or Airport
Terms and Conditions
* The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of Forever Africa Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Should any of the included accommodations not be available, Forever Africa Safari reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
* The estimated travelling hours are based on the actual hours of driving. Stops for lunch and photos are not included.
Recommended Wildlife & Gorilla Safaris
Top safari experiences including wildlife watching game drive in the African savanna, gorilla trekking adventures, boat safaris and family adventures.
Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest, African savanna wildlife game drive and boat safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park.