6 Day Highlights of Rwanda & Uganda Safari
This 6 Day Highlights of Rwanda & Uganda Safari explores Rwanda’s big five savanna game park hopping to catch view of the large African savanna wild animals in Akagera, then a short visit of Rwanda’s capital Kigali before crossing over into Uganda to experience the famous gorilla trekking adventure in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The trips starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda and includes the gorilla permit processing, accommodation meals and transfers.
- Starts and ends in Kigali, Rwanda
- African savanna wildlife game drive in Akagera NP
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable
- Bwindi Forest Batwa Culture Experience
Included in the price:
- Airport transfers
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on a double room sharing
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Gorilla permit per person
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge accommodations
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Optional activities in Jinja
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
DAY 1: Arrive at Kigali Airport
Meet and greet by Forever Africa Safari Driver/Guide who will transfer you to your accommodation (+/-20 minutes) and brief you about the Highlights of Rwanda & Uganda Safari.
Overnight at Hôtel des Mille Collines (BB).
DAY 2: Kigali City Tour
Visit the genocide museum plus the markets then have lunch. Afterwards, transfer by road towards to Akagera National Park for your overnight at Akagera game lodge (B-L-D)
DAY 2: Game Drive in Akagera National Park
Arise and shine, this is the second day of the Highlights of Rwanda & Uganda Safari. You’ll leave right after breakfast for a game drive in Akagera national park. We will be searching for the big mammals like Elephants, Giraffes, Buffaloes, several Antelope species, and recently the re-introduced Lions and Rhinos. The park is a varied habitat for wildlife and a birders haven with over 500 bird species in the park. In the afternoon, we will take a boat trip on Lake Ihema watch Hippos and crocodiles in the water or by the shores.
Overnight at Akagera game lodge (B-L-D)
DAY 3: Cross Over into Uganda
After breakfast, depart for Uganda. Cross the border and continue towards Rushaga, Bwindi National Park (+/- 4 hours).
Overnight at Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge (FB + non-premium brand drinks)
DAY 4: Gorilla Tracking in Rushaga Area.
You will love the tracking in the beautiful ecosystem of the park. Expect to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas. But it will definitely be worthwhile as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest. A unique and unforgettable experience!
Those Highlights of Rwanda & Uganda Safari travelers that prefer not to participate in the gorilla tracking can explore the surroundings at own arrangement or join a nature/village walk 30 per person.
In the evening you will enjoy the music and dances by the Batwa people. Dinner and overnight at l Park (+/- 4 hours).
Overnight at Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge (FB + non-premium brand drinks).
DAY 5: The Batwa Trail
Although Bwindi is mainly known for the gorillas it has a lot more to offer. Today you will enjoy the Batwa Trail, a firsthand introduction to one of the most unique cultures worldwide. The Batwa pygmies are a forest people displaced from the rain forest they shared with mountain gorillas. This experience will give you the opportunity to learn more about their age-old culture while you enjoy a hike with the Batwa guides, see how they lived and hunted, hear ancient legends and learn about medical plants.
The revenue generated from these activities directly benefits the Batwa to strengthen their community.
Overnight at Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge or Lake Mutanda Resort (FB + non-premium brand drinks).
DAY 6: Kigali Airport
After breakfast depart for Rwanda and transfer to Kigali Airport for your outbound flight (+/- 5 hours).
End of the 6 Day Highlights of Rwanda & Uganda Safari
Terms and Conditions
* The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of Forever Africa Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Should any of the included accommodations not be available, Forever Africa Safari reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
* The estimated travelling hours are based on the actual hours of driving. Stops for lunch and photos are not included.
Recommended Wildlife & Gorilla Safaris
Top safari experiences including wildlife watching game drive in the African savanna, gorilla trekking adventures, boat safaris and family adventures.
Combines the wide African savanna plains of Queen Elizabeth National park with the dense tropical rainforests of Kibale Forest National Park & Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Safari Type: Custom Made
For Who: Not for Kids
Start/End: Entebbe, Uganda
Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest, African savanna wildlife game drive and boat safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park.