Chimps, Gorillas & Wildlife Safari
The 7 days chimps, Gorillas & wildlife safari will take you to the primate capital of the world Kibale Forest National Park.
This park is home to 1450 chimpanzees and other primates like monkeys, Baboons and Mangabeys on your 7 days chimps, Gorillas & Wildlife safari.
Then you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park the home of tree climbing lions in Uganda and the big four wildlife of Africa which includes buffaloes, elephants, leopards and lions.
Meeting the mountain gorillas as they feed, swing from one tree to another and their size will wow you.
- Drive Entebbe to Kibale, Queen & Bwindi
- Chimpanzee Tracking in Kibale Forest
- Bigodi Nature Walks Near Kibale forest
- African savanna game drive in Queen Elizabeth NP
- Boat Safari on kazinga Channel
- Tree Lions in Ishasha
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest
Included in the price:
- Airport transfers
- Ground transport in a private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary, based on a double room sharing
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled mineral water in the car
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Chimpanzee & Gorilla permit per person
- VAT for upcountry hotel and lodge accommodations
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50)
- Optional activities in Jinja
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Laundry service
You’ll be picked from the airport in Entebbe and transferred to your hotel lodge by your private 7 days Chimps, Gorillas & Wildlife Safari guide. Overnight at The Boma / 2Friends Guest House/ Lake Victoria Hotel (B&B).
Day 1: Entebbe – Kibale Forest National Park (6-7 hrs)
After a relaxed breakfast, we will depart Entebbe and head west to Fort Portal, with lunch en route.
Fort Portal rests in the shadow of the fabled “Mountains of the Moon” and is famous for the many tea plantations. From this lovely town, we will continue to Kibale National Park.
Dinner and overnight at the superior safari tents of Primate Lodge Kibale. (B-L-D)
DAY 2: Chimpanzee Tracking and Bogodi Swamp Walk
Today the forest opens its doors for sensational chimp tracking. Kibale Forest is reputable for having the greatest variety and the highest concentration of primates in East Africa.
Enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rainforest in search of the wild chimpanzee, red-tailed monkey, black-and-white colobus monkey and many others.
After a hearty lunch, we transfer to the Bigodi Swamp for another, totally different nature walk.
The Bigodi Swamp Walk is an initiative of the local community and is known for its rich diversity of birds and primates.
Dinner and overnight at the cottages of Primate Lodge Kibale. (B-L-D)
Day 3: Kibale Forest – Queen Elizabeth National Park (3 hrs)
After a delicious breakfast, we calmly transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park while passing the region of the Crater Lakes.
Have lunch and relax at the pool before going on a game drive in search of the first wildlife, including warthogs, buffaloes, waterbucks and elephants.
Dinner and overnight at Kyambura Game Lodge (B-L-D)
Day 4: Game Drive and Kazinga Channel
The day begins early as we start with a morning game drive and head to the mating ground of the Uganda Kobs.
We search for lions, elephants, buffaloes and other wild animals in their natural habitat before returning for lunch.
In the afternoon we take on a luxury boat cruise (drinks and canapés included!) along the Kazinga Channel, a natural channel between Lake Edward and Lake George.
Thanks to the abundant birdlife that is sighted, and the elephants, buffaloes and hundreds of hippos that are cooling off at the shores, this cruise will definitely be one of the highlights of your safari.
Dinner and overnight at Kyambura Game Lodge (B-L-D)
DAY 5: Transfer to Bwindi Via the Ishasha Sector
Have breakfast then set off for Bwindi Impenetrable National Park through the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park – famously known for its resident tree-climbing lions.
The chance of spotting these lions is about 70% though sometimes they are really hard to spot (most especially when they’re down in the grassland looking for prey).
Hoping you get the chance to spot them, the sight will be spectacular!
Continue to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Bwindi is a big habitat for mountain gorillas in Uganda (harbouring an estimated 400 mountain gorillas – roughly half of the world’s population) including several habituated groups, which can be tracked.
With a strenuous day ahead, you will do less on arrival but just check in your accommodation, relax as you prepare for the Bwindi gorilla trekking experience the following day.
Dinner and overnight at Rushaga Gorilla Camp (B-L-D)
DAY 7: Gorilla Trekking
You will love the tracking in the beautiful ecosystem of the park.
Expect to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas.
But it will definitely be worthwhile as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest. A unique and unforgettable experience!
Dinner and overnight at Rushaga Gorilla Camp/Buhoma Lodge/ride for a woman (B-L-D)
Day 7: Departure
Enriched with an experience of a lifetime and unforgettable memories you will say goodbye to the Pearl of Africa.
Depending on your flight schedule you can join our guide on a city tour and visit some interesting and historical sites.
In time you will be transferred to Entebbe Airport for your international flight. (B)
Terms and Conditions
* The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
* Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of Forever Africa Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
* Should any of the included accommodations not be available, Forever Africa Safari reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
* The estimated travelling hours are based on the actual hours of driving. Stops for lunch and photos are not included.
Recommended Wildlife & Gorilla Safaris
Top safari experiences including wildlife watching game drive in the African savanna, gorilla trekking adventures, boat safaris and family adventures.
Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest, mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest, African savanna wildlife game drive and boat safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park.